Edged Weapons for Self-Defense 1 day Workshop
Learn how to use any blade or knife for self defense - learn how to defend against it.
The objective of this 1 day workshop is to empower responsible individuals to learn the fundamentals and beyond for using and defending against edged weapons. Affordable, detailed, practical and effective, developing a combat mindset, creating a strong foundation to continue your training at home. At Arizona KravMaga, we have created a highly effective Edged Weapons 5 hour workshop, that you can learn and master no matter how old you are, or your physical condition, or your strength.
We start from how to develop the “Combat Mindset”, because before any technique, your warrior spirit will make the difference between a “martial artist” who just knows the moves and a real fighter who never gives up until the fight is over. Also, we will focus on how to develop “Awareness”, because at the end, the best fight is the one we can avoid, and the only way to avoid it, is to see it coming.
You will learn how to read the body language of a potential violent opponent before he/she attacks you. Learn how a violent criminal thinks, and what make you a potential target. Also, you will learn dirty but effective street tricks, because criminal attackers do not play fair, neither should you. In this class you will learn how to use any knife and edged weapon for self-defense and how to defend against it. From folding knives to full tang k-bars.
Curriculum for the Edged Weapons for Self Defense workshop
1) Safety Rules (eyeglasses, long sleeves, no weapons or jewelry)
2) Different knives:Folding - Fixed - Double Edge – knives sheaths - Advantages of the folding knife
3) How to carry a knife The Laws: when to use a blade for self-defense – carry and concealment
4) Taking care of your Knife: sharpening – oiling
5) Preparation before Training Warming up and Conditioning for Combat
6) How to Avoid the Fight * Attitude * Posture * Understanding the 3 Distances
* The Color of Awareness * Verbal and Visual Commands * Avoiding wrong places and wrong people * The Combat Mindset: you are the weapon * Knowing your Enemy: the 2 types of Attackers * Reading the body language of your Attacker * Become a gray man/woman: the art of blending in Poker Face: the Art of deception * The Warrior Yell
7) Stances and How to grip a knife Thumb forward technique
square – alert - Fighting stance (forward stance and presentation)
8) Knife Presentation
9) Maneuvering The Danger Zone (avoid the triangle) with exercise
10) First Strike The Preemptive Attack – Distractions The 5 mistakes of a Street Fight
11) Anatomy for Knife fight - Stab and slash
12)The 10 angles of attack with a knife (always use the double technique)
13)Defensive Blade Use (hand – knee – leg – forearm)
14) Facing the attack Go with the Flow - Force with Force
15) Pad Strikes drill
16)7 strikes drill
Wendy is one of our edged weapons students. Her impression on the course.
Edged Weapons course: here are some of our training rubber and aluminum knives and axes used for training
Copyright © 2018 Arizona Krav-Maga All Rights Reserved.